Direct Customer Solutions (DCS)
Pharmaceutical 3PL provider reinvents its supply chain to achieve 300% efficiency increase
DCS (Direct Customer Solutions), formerly R&S Solutions, was looking toward the future as it prepared to launch a new automated “smart warehouse.” As part of that project, DCS needed to:
- Migrate data and processes from a legacy, on-premises warehouse management system it was rapidly outgrowing
- “De-silo” information and workflows stored in in separate financial and customer relationship management systems
- Improve analytics and reporting to overcome supply chain in efficiencies
- Empower customers to quickly access their own business-critical data (orders, invoices, etc.) from DCS systems and facilities
Argano moved DCS to Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and Dynamics 365 Finance to solve its workflow and data challenges. Additionally, Argano solution experts leveraged Power Platform to create BI dashboards and reports for itself and for its clients, via portals built with Power Platform. Adoption of the overall solution in DCS was driven with Argano’s Organizational Change Management team, which created custom tools and training for different teams across DCS.
Argano helped DCS achieve the following:
- Increased throughput in small parcel shipping by 300%
- Order processing volumes increased from ~150 orders per day to ~75 per hour
- Decrease in large order picking and processing, down from 2 days to 4 hours
- Reduction in employee overtime
Finally, the bulk of the project took place during the height of the COVID pandemic. When other organizations were ramping down, DCS was taking off.
“This ERP will last the life of this facility. It’s cloud-based, so we’ll always be updated. I can now get more from my team. Instead of deploying them for tech maintenance, I can re-task them to serve the broader needs of the business.”
VP of IT Infrastructure
Direct Consumer Solutions (DCS)
Want to know more?
Learn how our solutions can help accelerate your business.